1. This is a Fable/Short story writing competition. To participate, please send your original, unpublished, fictional Fable/Short story, in English to email@example.com. Please send the fable/story in Microsoft word doc as an attachment. It should be typed in 12 point in preferably Calibri/ Times New Roman font. Please include your full name, age, and school’s name and email id in full along with its address and email address in a separate page before your story.
2.This competition is open in two categories
a) Students of grades 6 to 8 may write a fable in 400-600 words.
b) Students of grades 8 to 10 may write a short story in 800 – 1000 words.
3. The competition is open to published and unpublished student authors, but the entry should not have been published professionally before. The competition opens at 12:01 am GMT on 1st November 2018 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 20thDecember 2018. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
4. By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) your entry has not been published before; (ii) your entry is entirely your own original work; and (iii) nothing in your entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s rights. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in and winning the competition.
5. All entries must have a title page with name of child, name of school with address, school and child’s email address and word count noted at the bottom of the title page. No cover design is required.
6. A total of 5 winners will be selected from each category of the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria:
Originality, relevance, writing skill and strength of character depiction.
For grades 6 to 7 - Each fable must contain the following elements; a moral, an outdoor setting, use of animals to depict problems faced by humans (personification). Word limit is400-600 words
For grades 8 to 10 - The short story must have; a point of view, depth of character, setting, plot, conflict, climax. Word limit is800-1000 words
7. The Invoke inspire Editorial Team will read the entries received in accordance with these terms and shortlist 100 entries. Only 10 winners will be chosen by the jury from the screened 100 entries. The decisionof the Jury will be final. The Jury will be declared on the website post the submissions of the entries.
8. The winner’s name will be announced in the month ofJanuary 2019 on the Company’s website, the company’s individual social media accounts/blogs etc. The winners may also be announced in association with the prize sponsors. The schools as well as the participants will also be informed via the email provided by the participants.
9. A ceremony and a book reading event may be organized towards the end of February 2019 depending on the availability of the judges and chief guest.Participants / winners travel expenses for the same will not be borne by the organizers.
10. The winners will be offered editorial advice in person by the judges/the editorial team on their entry. In addition, the winners will be offered a workshop on creative writing, the winner’s work and the publishing industry and more in general. The meeting will take place at the venue provided by Invoke inspire on a date provided by the organizers. Travel expenses are not included in the prize.
11. All entrants retain copyright of their entry. The winners of the competition grants the Company a non-exclusive license to publish their entry, in whole or in part, on the Company’s website and social media sites or in the form of a book/eBook.
12. The winner will be offered the opportunity to have their winning entry published in an eBook edition if the winner is willing to adopt the guidelines for editing suggested by the Editorial team and is willing to extend cooperation in the designing of the book. The winners will be encouraged to be present for any promotions of the book.
13. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted in bulk or on behalf of someone else. Joint submissions will not be accepted.
14. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
15. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes, these terms and conditions or cancel the competition. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. Entries will not be returned.
16. It will not be possible for the Company to contact unsuccessful entrants, give advice or feedback on unsuccessful entries or to enter into correspondence.But once you register with the Company, its networking platform will be available for guidance.
17. By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. This competition is being organized by Invoke inspire. No person related to Invoke inspire or its team members can partake in this competition.
19. The Organizers reserve the right to amend, change- in full or part- any aspect of the competition without prior notice.
20. These are terms and conditions are final and any disputes or claims regarding the winners will not be entertained.
It always seems impossible until its done.’ –Nelson Mandela
Let’s come together and make the impossible, possible!